This week was probably one of my favorites. I was able to do a few things that were pretty cool, I think.
My first step in the process was to draw out the design that popped into my mind when I first saw this one post. My wonderful yet terrible sketch is below.
What the sketch provided was a jumping off point to get started and allowed for me to expand some of my ideas beyond the initial drawing.
One thing that evolved was I did not want to have standard bar charts. I wanted to use symbols but in a way that was unique to James Bond. So, I dug around the internet and found some black and white images of bullets. Once I found what I was looking for I cropped it down.
So, now what? How do I go about getting that shape into Tableau to use? Thank you google for the rescue. I found the below link which allowed me to add the shape to my Tableau Shape Repository.
So, now I have a baseline for what I really want. Next was to find a black and white silhouette of James Bond to use and a good muzzle flash image. Along with a few others other good measure.
Now to bring it all together. I had to play around a lot in Tableau to get exactly what I wanted displayed. I pivoted the the Remain and Leave columns from the original data set in order to get the visuals that I wanted.
Next was getting the visualizations that I wanted to display completed.
Lastly was putting it all together in a nice visual. I also created a gif using Giphy.com in order to tweet the image and show the different selections from the category.